Feel free to share on Pinterest. Pinterest is great!

Friday, January 25, 2019

Christmas Tree Plastic Canvas Kiss Character


The inspiration for this tree is from Mary Maxim 12226 Santa and Tree Candy Holders.

I make templates for patterns I think I may make multiple times. I make the template after I am sure I like the pattern.

The square pieces are the size needed to cut the finished pattern from. I use hot pink for templates to see the contrast easily when I hold the template against the clear canvas to cut it out.


I use pear safety pins to hold all the template pieces for a pattern together. 


I also make a stitched example of each of my pattern pieces. The templates and stitched example pieces are kept together in a Ziploc bag.



The nose of my tree is a French knot with two wraps of the yarn around the needle. The three ornaments on top are also French knots with one wrap.

I like to stitch the mouth edge first, then the eyes, then the main color and the French knots last.