Feel free to share on Pinterest. Pinterest is great!

Monday, January 28, 2019

Leprechaun Kiss Character



My Lepruchaun was inspired by Lynn Plagman.

The leprechaun is a little more difficult than my other kiss characters. Follow the steps carefully.

First cut out all the pieces.




To stitch the face, start with the top of the hat. Be careful to do the shorter stitches where the buckle will go.




Next stitch the buckle. I weave the yellow ends into the green.




The black hat band is next. stitch across with black, then along the top of the band, also with black.




The bottom of the hat is next in green. The bottom of the hat at the two sides is stitched completely in this step.




Next stitch across the bottom of the black hat band in black.




Stitch the black center of the eyes and then the whites of the eyes.




Do the beard next and then overcast the edge of the face.



Skin is next, don't forget the French knot for the nose. I wrap the needle twice.



Then the bottom edge of the hat with green.




On the back, I did the green first. I did not do the hatband on the back.




Then I did the hair.




Then the straight stitches across the bottom edge of the hat.




I did the base all in orange. I forgot to take a separate picture of it, but here it is.




These are the finished pieces before they are put together.